Whether searching for a missing toy or getting a closer look at what might be a problem area, our vets may suggest an abdominal ultrasound for your pet.
WHAT IS AN ULTRASOUND?
Ultrasound is a form of imaging that allows us to look inside your pet’s body without the use of surgery. It is a completely non-invasive technique.The ultrasound machine sends sound waves into your pet’s body, these sound waves are reflected back to form a picture of what’s going on inside your pet.
WHAT MAY BE THE REASONS FOR ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND?
- Lack of appetite (anorexia).
- Unexpected weight loss.
- Fluid detected in the abdomen.
- A mass, swelling or abnormality found during a physical examination.
- Unexplained vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Urogenital problems.
- Abnormal bloodwork or X-rays.